Barberton City Schools Food Service believes a well nourished child is better prepared to learn. Learning healthy eating habits at an early age is essential for a life-long healthy and productive lifestyle. Our staff is committed to excellence in providing safe, nutritious breakfast and lunch meals daily to all students.
Updates for 2023-2024 School Year
Barberton will return to the traditional meal service on the first day of school and has set pricing as such:
Preschool, Primary, and Intermediate: $1.80
Middle and High School: $2.00
Preschool, Primary, and Intermediate: $2.80
Middle and High School: $3.05 and $3.30
Reduced price for Breakfast is $0.30 and for Lunch it’s $ 0.40 at all schools. Milk comes with each meal. We offer your children the opportunity to purchase milk only for $ 0.50.
Breakfast and Lunch will be served starting on the first day of school at all buildings.
Our Food Service Staff has 12 employees certified in Level II Food Protection holding ServSafe Certificates, all certified in 2020. All Food Service Staff completed Level I training in February 2020. We have Food Safety training scheduled for all our staff in January 2024 as this remains a high priority for our department. We are well prepared to serve your children.
Computerized Point of Sale
All schools in our district have a computerized point of sale, which allows parents to deposit money into their student’s meal account. All of our students have been assigned an ID number, which they have memorized. They will keep the same ID number from Preschool all the way through the twelfth grade. All students will receive a Student ID card the first week of school. All students must carry their student ID cards with them. The system contains a student database, which will include a picture of the student along with the student’s information including their account balance. This system is called: PaySchools Central.
Barberton City Schools offers PaySchools Central for their central payment portal for parents. Now you can pay for your children's school meals, add ala carte money, pay fees, and more online, securely and quickly. No more lost cash or checks! Create your account using your computer or tablet at: https://www.payschoolscentral.com. If you want to use your phone, download the PaySchoolsCentral app on the Apple App or Google Play. Once registered, you can apply for Free or Reduced meals. Applications are accepted anytime during the school year. If approved, you may be eligible for other benefits, such as a waiver of school fees at the high school level.
Some additional points to remember are listed below:
- Due to COVID-19, we prefer parents using PaySchoolsCentral or send in checks for their meal payments.
- Please send check, cash or money order for purchases in a sealed envelope or Magic Meal envelope.
- Make checks payable to your school's cafeteria.
- “Magic Meal Envelopes” are available at your child’s elementary school or include the below information on any envelope.
- Information on meal envelopes must include your child’s name and Student ID number.
- Please do not combine meal money with other school fees on the same check or money order.
- To review our Barberton City School District Payment Procedure for School Meals, Click Here
- Any unpaid student balance at the end of the school year will be transferred over to Student Fees.
- We have scanners for students to use their ID cards and pin pads that the students will use to enter their ID numbers. We need each student to have their ID cards on them when coming through the meal line, this will make the lines quicker and allow students more time to eat. In order for students to purchase Ala Carte (extra) items they must have cash in hand or money on their meal accounts. ID cards will be provided for all students. Please make sure they have them each day.
Free & Reduced Priced Meals
The Barberton Schools participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch program. Students from households at or below the published income level may be eligible for free and reduced-price meals. To apply for this benefit, please obtain an application from your building secretary, print one off of this site, OR the preferred method, apply online by registering on https://www.payschoolscentral.com. Applications will be available starting July 1. A new Free & Reduced Meal application must be completed each new school year, failure to do so will result in a termination of meal benefits. Your status will change once the application has been processed for approval or denial. There can be no retroactive approvals of these benefits, so if you owe money from meals charged prior to being approved for free or reduced meals, you will still owe that money. Applications are accepted anytime during the school year.
If your child/ren have an allergy, please click here to access the Nursing Services web page and locate the appropriate form for your situation. Return these forms to the school nurse in your building. The nurse will inform the cafeteria of your situation and Food Service will put a note on their meal account.
Substitutions for children with issues consuming milk or who are lactose intolerant will only be considered if the child has a fatal allergy and a Doctor’s note saying what the substitution should be, which could be water or juice. Contact Jill Orris at 330-753-1025 ext. 13107 if you have any questions.