The Barberton City School District is soliciting nominations for consideration as members of the Barberton City School District Academic Hall of Fame. This program has been initiated to recognize and honor former Barberton School District graduates as having achieved a significant degree of success in their pursuits of higher education and/or in their professional careers. The Academic Hall of Fame recognition was established to provide outstanding role models for the students in the Barberton City School District.
To be considered for this honor, each individual must have a completed Application of Nomination containing the following criteria:
· Graduate of Barberton High School.
· Attended the Barberton City Schools for a minimum of four years.
· Graduated from high school a minimum of twenty years before being nominated.
· Up to three recommendation letters supporting the individual's nomination.
· Application signed by the person making the nomination.
· Résumé demonstrating the work history and professional/academic successes of the nominee.
· Nominations must be received by March 31st for consideration for the next year's induction class.
Application, résumé and reference letters should be returned to:
Barberton Academic Hall of Fame
ATTN: Mr. Jason Ondrus
Barberton City School District
633 Brady Avenue
Barberton, OH 44203
Applications for this honor can be made by self-nomination.
All information for individuals nominated and not selected for induction in a given year will remain on file and will be reviewed each year. Nominees may update their information at any time.
The nomination form can be found on the link to the right. Nominations are due by March 31st. A committee appointed by the Assistant Superintendent and approved by the Board will select the next class of honorees in April, who will then be honored at Barberton High School on Academic Hall of Fame Day. Plaques and photos of the honorees will be hung at BHS on the wall near the Commons Area and East Entrance.