Reflect on the theme. Create an original work. Be recognized.
PTA holds a FREE annual arts program called Reflections. All students are encouraged to create and submit works of art in one or more of six areas:
- Literature (write a story, poem, or song)
- Visual arts (draw, paint, art work)
- Photography (taking pictures with a camera)
- Dance Choreography
- Musical composition
2017-2018 Reflections Theme: "Within Reach”
- Open to all students, all grade levels!
- Winners and honorable mentions will be invited to an awards banquet during the Tri-Arts Festival where you will be recognized and may receive a prize!
- Due date: Thursday, November 9, 2017
What you must do to enter:
- Reflect on the theme “Within Reach”
- Create a work on art in one of the categories listed above (you may enter more than one category)
- Make sure you follow the guidelines on the back or art work cannot be accepted
- Only one student per project, no teams or group work
- Give a title to your work
- VERY IMPORTANT!! Completely fill out the Student Entry Form. Both student and parent must sign the form. Don’t forget to fill out the bottom of the form too (art work title, details, and artist statement).
- Label back of artwork with you state, arts category, grade division, school, last name, and first name.
- Place the entry form in a plastic sheet protector and tape to the back of artwork if able.
- Return work of art and Student Entry Form to school office by Thursday, November 9, 2017
- No submissions will be accepted after Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Call or text PTA Reflections Council chairman for any questions: Tiffany Kurtz (234)248-9192
- For more details and to see past winners, please go to www.ohiopta.org. Click on “programs” on the left side of the page. Then click on “Reflections” towards the center of the page.