Winning teams are:
- The Purple Magicians Are Like Totally Tubular... Psych! (Barberton Elementary West; Fine Arts Challenge).
Team members are Caleb Gordon, Kyal Blake, Alexis Valencheck, Alexis Johnson, Langston Sprouse and Kinsley Troha. Team managers are Tara Gordon and Christy Sprouse
- The Purple Crumbs Stuck In Your Mustache (Barberton Middle School; Scientific Challenge).
Team members are Cassie Moore, Quinn Moore, Haley Lorenzo, Wyatt Slater, and Cade Kelley. Team Managers are Dawn Moore and Andrea Tomer
- The Nerd Herd (Barberton Middle School; Service Learning Challenge).
Team members are Ava Hart, Tyler Smith, Ava Speedy and Hunter Darkhorse
- The Has Beens That Never Were (Barberton High School; Service Learning Challenge).
Team members are Lulu Kemp, Aidan Taylor, Maddie Mitchell, and Carlie Hurd. Team managers are Susan Kemp and Dave Taylor
- The Tigabunnies (Barberton High School; Scientific Challenge).
Team members are Hunter Adair, Logan Colbetzor, Hansen Risley, Deanna Horner, Orion Lewis, and Lena Semertsidis. Team Manager is Jim Jensen
Also qualifying for the State competition is Operation SNAiL (Barberton Middle School and Barberton High School combined team; Service Learning Challenge). Secondary level teams qualify with a 2nd place finish.
Team members are Aiden Smith, Nour Solimon, Liam Slater, and Shelby Mainarick. Team managers are Beth Smith and Chris Mitchell
In addition to winning their division, some teams and individuals distinguished themselves and represented out community proudly by winning overall tournament awards.
- 4th grader Caleb Gordon won the Spirit of DI Award for his attitude and enthusiasm.
- Team <insert clever name here> (Barberton Middle School; Fine Arts Challenge) won a Da Vinci Award for outstanding creativity with the electromagnet they created.
- The Nerd Herd and The Purple Crumbs Stuck In Your Mustache both won a Renaissance award for outstanding design thinking.
Of the teams that did not qualify, two brought home SECOND place finishes!
-76 Burnt Candied Purple Pickles (Barberton Elementary East; Fine Arts Challenge).
Team members are Phoenix Gauer, Molly Bittinger, Ethan Fox, Zoey Lorenzo, Jade Robinson (5th grader at BMS), and Graham Slater. Team manager is Megan Slater
-The Red-Headed Llamas from Italy (Barberton Middle School; Scientific Challenge).
Team members are Shae Ison, Alex Ludwig, Joseph Risley, and Sophia Ludwig. Team managers are Ashley Owens and Sherri Ison
-<insert clever name here> (Barberton Middle School; Fine Arts).
Team members are Gabby Risley, Lucas Tallant, and Maryah Rhoden. Team managers are Tom/Lisa Tallant and Denise Risley
Finishing a respectable 4th place, was first-year team Magical Minds (Barberton Elementary West; Scientific Challenge).
Team members are Asia Townsend, Katie Kiss, Trinity Crews, Roslyn Martin, Francesca Wheeler, and Rylie Zirkle. Team managers are Tony Rett and Diane Kiss
Also joining in the fun were are youngest non-competitive teams, The Rising Stars teams.
-Mighty Cheetah Cats Eating Pizza in a Tree (BEE). Team members are Zachary Moore, Keith Nemchev, Donovan Robinson, Sophie Fox, Aurora Ludwig, and Hudson Wright. Team manager is Abby Robinson.
-The Flying Cupcake Cats (BEW). Team members are Silas Sprouse, Layne Schaefer, Tristan Davis, Kennedi Blake, Christopher Anderson, Emilie Hull, Alexa Travis, Hannah Gordon and Carter Harvey. Team manager is Celeste Sprouse.
Congratulations to all team members, team managers, and everyone involved - the state competition is on March 30