As a requirement of graduation, each senior must completed a total of 10 service hours during his/her senior year In order to better serve the community the following rules will apply to all service hours:
- The service hours should be done for a Barberton community non-profit agency or group. ***If you wish to do your service hours at an agency or church that is not based in Barberton, you must receive approval before proceeding or the hours will not be accepted.
- All ten hours do not need to be completed at the same place.
- Absolutely no hours will be approved or accepted for service done for an individual.
- The correct form (see Downloads to the right) must be completely filled out and contain verifying signatures and phone numbers.
- All forms must be turned in prior to to the due date to Mrs. Wesolowski in room A206.
- A list of agencies that are automatically approved can be found on the Senior Hours Forms download (see Downloads to the right). If you choose to volunteer for an agency or group that is not on the list, make sure you receive approval before doing the service hours.
- Your service hours must occur outside the normally scheduled school day. (They may be done during the summer!)
- Services for which you were paid in either cash or benefits are ineligible. Example: If you are paid a salary as a camp counselor for your church or if you coach a little league team but the proceeds from the registration pay for a private camp you will be attending later in the summer - you will not receive credit.