Barberton City School District has taken on the challenge to be a Race to the Top District. We will receive $977,912 over the next four years to improve educational opportunities for our students. These are the goals spelled out by the State of Ohio regarding Race to the Top:
Over the next four years, our goals are to reduce achievement gaps, increase high school graduation rates, and increase college enrollment. Specifically, we aspire to:
- Increase high school graduation rates by .5% per year
- Reduce graduation rate gaps by 50%
- Reduce performance gaps by 50%
- Reduce the gap between Ohio and the best-performing states in the nation by 50%
- More than double the increase in college enrollment for 18 and 19 year olds.