On Wednesday August 8, 2012 the Barberton Board of Education
enacted a “Pay to Participate”policy for Barberton City School’s athletics and extra- curricular activities.This policy will affect student athletes in grades 7-12 for the upcoming 2012-2013 academic year. The “Pay to Participate” policy will impact all athletic programs and will involve the following information:
1) All Barberton High School Sports will cost $125.00 for each specific sport.
2) All Barberton Middle School sports will involve a cost of $100.00 for each specific sport.
3) A family cap will exist in the amount of $500.00.
4) A per athlete cap will exist for BHS athletes in the amount of $250.00.
5) A per athlete cap will exist for BMS athletes in the amount of $200.00.
In order to participate on any of the Barberton High School athletic teams the respective payment must be remitted by noon on the day of the first official contest for each sport. If your student athlete participates in multiple sports, you may pay in advance. Please make the check or money order out to the Barberton CitySchools. The payment for fall sports is due August 31, 2012. All high school sports are to be paid in the Barberton High School athletic office. All middle school payments are to be made in the Barberton Middle School main office. Marching band and all other extra-curricular activities are to be paid for in the Barberton High School main office. Fees for “pay to participate” may also be paid in the BarbertonCity Schools Administration building.